Shine That Light

What thoughts are feeding yourself when you go out into world?

At this time in Oregon, masks are required. It has been such an interesting experience for me, as someone who deeply loves people and deeply loves interacting with people and giving them reasons to smile or feel good about themselves. I watch as people try to navigate the world as themselves with these new restrictions, learning to adapt, learning to adjust their facial expressions so their sentiments can be read without the aid of the lower half of their face, learning how to balance fear of doing something "wrong" with the desire to just live their lives.

As the youngest person on the property out where I live, I serve my little community by going to town to procure supplies and groceries. This has lead to so many wonderful opportunities to uplift people.

I do not miss an opportunity to compliment someone on their hair or their eyes or their outfit or their mask. I am always smiling and whistling and singing under cover, and it brings me such delight when I see people look around for where that Disney-cartoon-like whistling originates.

This is part of my service. This is part of why I'm here. I consider that to be "shining my light." When I am preparing myself to brave the new shopping circumstances, I remind myself of this service, I remind myself of how important that it is, and I invite my Angels, Guardians and Guides to assist me in this endeavor.

One weirdo, shining in the darkness, can illuminate a whole room

Today, I was rewarded by actually *hearing* that my words had impact. It so bolsters me when I am made aware of any positive impact I have. To hear someone say, "That made my day," or "I feel so seen," (<- when I *really* hit the mark,) encourages me so.

Today, I went to a grocery that was not my usual spot. When I got to "town" for supplies from the property, I head to my mainstay Freddie's in a neighboring small town about 20 minutes away. Today, as I happen to be house sitting, I headed to a market in a much more populated area, one from which I had once procured the most delicious wedge of vegan port cheddar, and I hoped to duplicate that score.

It didn't quite have the down-home, friendly feel of my usual grocery. People weren't much into making eye contact, did not seem to be interested in the other humans around them, and did not seem affected by, (if I may say so myself,) what was some beautiful singing from behind my green mask.

At the check-out, however, the person helping me was not only friendly, but he was funny! We enjoyed some witty banter and an easy rapport. At the end, I asked, "what do I need to do with my shopping cart?"

"Just leave it right there," he replied. "I'll take care of it."

"You're a kind fella, Ralph, thank you so much!" I said with a smile and headed toward the exit.

Behind me, I heard him say, excitedly, "She said I was a kind fella!" with such obvious delight.



Changing our world sometimes just means lighting one single candle. With what was such an easy thing for me to observe and share, I made that generous-hearted and funny man feel good about himself. So much so, that he shared it with another!

That is what shining a light in the world is all about.

You can be that weirdo in your own life. You don't have to dress as eccentrically as I do, if it does not bring you joy. But you can get your eyes off your phone and on your life experience, your mind off your problems and onto what's going right. Life is happening *now*, and you can make a positive impact with your every thought, with your every word, with your every deed.

❤️❤️


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"...Open the door To another door, to another door To another door, to another door...."

Subconscious Subterfuge

WAYFY: What are you telling yourself about your experience?